Friday, February 28, 2014

(Fabric)ating: Folding + Suturing Mid Review Pin Up


At this pin up I explained how through the first scheme I tried to explore the patterns that would emerge through the literal weaving of the Millard House floor plans. My second scheme involving the folding of the fabric patterns, seemed too flat and geometric by just cutting out patterns and folding and bending them up. I took strips of fabric and yarn and dipped them in wax to give them strength, and twisted and overlapped them based on a pattern where the lines intersected each other creating a different space. This scheme (the photo with the overlapping fabric) is my favorite. My third scheme examined the possibility of taking my last mini project and flipping it inside out, creating a almost tent like structure that would be very light and airy.





No comments:

Post a Comment