Monday, February 17, 2014

Attempt at Casting #2


So I've learned that to get the cleanest molds foam insulation is the way to go. It was so much easier and came out way cleaner than the previous casts I did. 
I cut out my curves first, and glued them to another piece of foam upside down. Then I cast around them. 

Because my design focused more on the site I choose to cast the columbarium and the library/museum space on the site as well. I'd like to add some trees to show the relationship to site but ill do that after it dries for a few days. 

1 comment:

  1. its all about the right materials...! also, the trees can be something as simple as wooden dowels... (someone had done that in studio... maybe christian...?)

    how are the other parts working? ie. the drawdels, etc?

    ReplyDelete